Header Home About Me Shop Freebies Contact FB IG Pinterest TPT Bloglovin email

Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Currently!

May 1st nearly completely passed me by. I don't know if it's that I thought it couldn't POSSIBLY be May yet, or my end-of-the-year brain is so frazzled that I just didn't think of it, but I barely remembered to go pay my rent with exactly 5 minutes to spare before the office closed and I completely forgot about Oh Boy 4th Grade's monthly "currently" linky until now! Oh well, better late than never, right?


{Listening}: Well, my Coyotes didn't make the playoffs (*sniffle*) but here I am still glued to the NHL playoffs. It's the best sports playoffs next to March Madness!

{Loving}: At the end of the year, we always have a kindergarten luau-themed promotion ceremony. The kids sing and dance to 6 Hawaiian/Ocean-themed songs and they are so much fun! Even I love practicing and singing these ones with my kiddos!

{Thinking}: Seriously, my to-do list is a mile long, and the activities I want to complete with my kids is large, but why is May seriously the fastest month ever? I always still feel like I am cramming activities in at the last second in order for us to finish them. We have 2 huge kinder events, ocean themed learning activities, and school-wide fun to participate in and it's tough squeezing it in to 3-4 weeks!

{Wanting}: Really, the stacks of papers in my classroom are officially out. of. control. I have so many papers to grade, file, and sort! That's always the thing that seems to go further down the list when new responsibilities pop up. Might be due for a Saturday morning at school one of these weekends!

{Needing}: I can't wait till all of my end of the year assessments are done so we can just focus on the FUN learning! I have 4 more kids to assess in math and one last social studies DBQ to give and then we are donnnne.

{Summer Bucket List}: 1. I haven't been on a vacation/road trip/etc. in about 5 years. I'm due. I want to go somewhere! 2. RELAX. And... RELAX. 3. I play pickleball... haven't heard of it? It's a sport that's a cross between tennis, ping pong, and badminton. It's super fun! However, this year has been the most ridiculously busy school year of my life, so I haven't been able to get out there and play in a long time. I want to get back out there in the summer as much as possible... even though it will literally be 100+ degrees outside.

It's almost Friday! YEAH! Link up with Farley and join in the fun!

2 comments:

  1. Lol! I have not heard of pickleball but it certainly sounds fun! Do you think there might be a clip on youtube? I'm going to go check......good luck with the kinder promotion. I sure miss kinder.

    Kathy
    coloroutsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Hawaiian themed promotion program? How cute! I might borrow your idea for ours next year :)
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete