Header Home About Me Shop Freebies Contact FB IG Pinterest TPT Bloglovin email

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Teacher Week '13: Let's Talk About Me Monday (belated!)

I'm so excited to be participating in the Teacher Week 2013 linky this year... it's so fun and I love seeing everyone's posts! As yesterday was ridiculously busy (was gone from home from 7:30am-11:30pm), my "Let's Talk About Me Monday" post is a day late, but you'll still love me anyways, right?....Right?!

Without further ado, here's 10 things you should know about me:


1. I have been teaching kindergarten for 5 years. That nice, round number is so crazy to me because I still feel like I have barely started on this journey. I've learned SO much about teaching and have changed a lot since my first year (don't we all)? I got so blessed with my job, which is amazing to me because I wasn't able to get a teaching job for an entire year after I graduated from college. There weren't any jobs available in Arizona at that time, so I had to spend an entire year subbing. I didn't even get this job until a week before school started, where I landed in a great city with an AMAZING, amazing team. I'm telling you, my kinder team has absolute magic and I feel like God just worked things out exactly the way they way they were supposed to in His timing, even though it was tough not having a "real job" for that long period of time. And here's the thing that surprised me the most: I LOVE teaching kindergarten! I never want to leave it.

2. I absolutely have a huge passion for sports. I am a die-hard fan of the Phoenix Coyotes, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Arizona Cardinals. I love love hockey and baseball. I used to play basketball in high school/college. I love going to games in person and just so enjoy experiencing great moments with my teams.

At a Phoenix Coyotes scrimmage in 2012

Hanging with some D-backs players at Fanfest in 2012

3. I love music! I sing in the band at my church and love going to live shows. Some of my favorite bands are Switchfoot, Mumford and Sons, The Civil Wars, Phil Wickham, and House of Heroes.

Me with my favorite band, Switchfoot!

4. I really love old movies from the '30s, '40s, '50s. My favorite actor isn't even around in this lifetime -- Jimmy Stewart! I remember coming out to the living room one night and my parents were watching a movie called You Can't Take It With You. And I saw Jimmy Stewart acting in it and I was hooked. He was so amazing, and that movie is a classic. My favorite movie of all time is It's a Wonderful Life!

5. My family has always love all things Disney, and we were fortunate enough to take cross country road trips to Disneyworld 4 years in row! It is one of my favorite places in the entire US. There's just something so magical about that place, and since it's more secluded than most theme park areas, it feels like you really have left the real world! I need to go back and watch some Philharmagic in Fantasyland! I haven't been there since 2007 and am having serious withdrawals!

6. I've recently gotten more into cooking and baking, which I am happy to say has actually been successful! My newest inspiration? The Pioneer Woman. I love her. She's hilarious and makes incredible food that is so easy to cook. Her blog is the best, and I totally fell in love with her book Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, her true story of how she met and married her husband. 

7. Speaking of books, I love to read! My absolute favorite book series of all time is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Seriously... if you have not read this series, GO. Now. I've read the first book 3 times (there are 7 in all, at the moment, and she is writing an 8th as we speak! I love me some Jamie Fraser; and the books are so incredible. I'm currently re-reading the entire series again because the 8th book comes out in the spring! Oh oh oh and I can't even contain my excitement because they are turning my favorite book into a TV show!! So excited to see these characters and story come to life.


8. I play a little known sport called Pickleball. Ever heard of it? It's a cross between tennis, badminton, and ping pong. It's so fun! It's gaining popularity around the U.S. I've played in tournaments and won medals, and met some great people in the process!

9. I'm very close to my family and think they are the best in the world! We have so much fun together, laugh all the time, and have so many inside jokes. I love spending time with my mom, dad, and brother and feel blessed that we have such a great relationship.

10. There are some awesome TV shows on right now. I totally am loving Once Upon a Time, Revenge, and Nashville. My favorite TV shows that are gone but not forgotten are The Office (what am I going to do without it this year?), LOST, and 24. Let me tell you about 24. Because......... JACK IS BACK! They are doing another season of 24 next year and I pretty much want to die with excitement. I can't believe it's actually happening!!

So that's my belated 10 things about me. Wanna see what other bloggers are all about? Click on the picture below to take you to the Blog Hoppin' link-up page!

 photo teacherweek_zpsa94985e0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment