Header Home About Me Shop Freebies Contact FB IG Pinterest TPT Bloglovin email

Friday, August 1, 2014

Double Linky Duty! Five for Friday and Currently August

Phew! This week has been so busy in preparation for the first day of school! It is coming up fast (Wednesday for me). That's why I've been MIA for awhile... but today I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!



For the past couple of weeks, I've been hard at work getting my classroom ready for my new batch of kinder kiddos. Is it just me, or does it always seem like you have all the time in the world, and then you look up and Meet the Teacher Night is staring you in the face? Well, that's my world right now. Here's what my classroom looked like when I first came back from summer break. I'll be doing a classroom reveal in a later blog post, so stay tuned!



I went to Lakeshore the other day (LOVE!) and, after two separate trips, this is the haul I came out of there with! Half chart paper, velcro squares, alphabet stickers, nametags, birthday pencils, 2 sets of alphabet stamps, labels, decorative cutouts for my students' cubbies, and (this was a splurge) magnetic display trays! I also picked up a couple of games I thought my students would love. How fun does the Launch and Learn Rhyming Words game look? The kids push a button and a disc comes flying out at them. Then they have to match it to the rhyming word on their game board. I can't wait to try it with them!



I decided my word wall needed a little revamping so I took to TPT in search of some printable letters and found these adorable chevron ones from a fellow Arizona blogger, I Heart My Kinder Kids! They are FREE in her TPT store! It made my word wall look much prettier. Confession: My letters before had Comic Sans font. Gasp.




If you're wondering what this is, it's a little SNEAK PEEK at a craftivity from my newest pack coming out on TPT... I am SO excited to share it with you! I have seriously worked all summer on this unit... I'll have it up this weekend for sure, so keep an eye out!


The blog world has had its mind blown today because two amazing things happened on the same day... Friday AND August 1st... which means I'm also linking up with Farley for her monthly currently fun! Ha!


{Listening}: This is one of my favorite songs ever. I think this was the first Florence and the Machine song I'd ever heard and I was hooked after hearing it!

{Loving}: Okay. Let me tell you about my favorite book series in the entire world: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. If you haven't read these books, please go RUN and get them!!! They are amazing. Myself and others I know who are great fans of the series are so excited because they are making it into a TV show - what an amazing thing to get to see your favorite book come to life! And every clip/trailer I've seen looks amazing. I can't wait to watch!


{Thinking}: I thought I was all ahead of myself cause I've been going in and out of my classroom for the past two weeks... but then an unexpected all day training the day of Meet the Teacher night derailed my plans somewhat! So now I have to go in on Saturday to finish up some stuff just so I won't stress about it the day of. It's actually kind of nice to go on the weekend every once in awhile because there are no other teachers around to chat with and distract me... you know how we are!!!

{Wanting}: Chocolate. I've been living at the gym all summer and watching what I eat with the My Fitness Pal app... but now that the first week of school is approaching I think I deserve a little chocolate to get me through it all. ;)

The rest of the stuff is all pretty self-explanatory! I hope you'll link up with both Kacey and Farley for both of their linky fun! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. What would teachers do without chocolate?! Good luck with your first weeks back to school!
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just at Lakeshore the other day and I realized how much I need to laminate. I'm a little scared to start! Enjoy the rest of your summer:)
    -Kayla
    Kayla in the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Florence and the Machine....that is one of my favorites as well as "Shake It Out". Your room looks cute and I love your word wall. Have a great weekend!

    The Sassy Sub

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say indulge in a little piece of chocolate. Everything in moderation, right??? :) Good for you for keeping track all summer and being so good. I have a big sweet tooth. I really need to watch it. Good luck getting everything done in your room too. It looks really great! I haven't been in yet, but agree that sometimes going in on a weekend is better. Not as many people around to distract me! :) Have a wonderful weekend.
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the alphabet find, I'm definitely going to use it in my room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm! Chocolate! A Girl after my own heart. :)

    ReplyDelete